Monday, November 17, 2008

Is Oprah's House Okay?

Oprah’s House?

I thought I should do a posting to let you know that I’m okay. I’ve been in Brisbane for a couple of days and they’ve had some major storms here. It’s officially been declared a disaster area. So I thought I should do a posting to let you all know I’m okay. I was not drastically impacted by the storms. Then I realized, wait, no one in the states probably has any idea that there have been major disastrous storms in Brisbane. I’m sure the big news in the states, at least California, is how close the fires in Montecito are to Oprah Winfrey’s house! Everyone here is asking about the fires and wants to make sure that my house is okay. They want to talk about the great new president elect. They are curious about how Prop 8 passed in California. Bottom line, they are aware of what’s going on in the world, where we are just focused on ourselves!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m proud and thrilled to be an American. I just wish we were a little more focused on what’s going on in the world around us.

Okay enough of the political soapbox. The Traveling Hillbilly will post about winding up in Auckland!

No comments: