Thursday, October 29, 2009

Finally Sunbathing

The Traveling Hillbilly awoke to another beautiful sunny day. I’m so glad I decided to stay a few extra days. After biking everyday, I felt I needed to get in some good exercise in, so I headed off to the gym. After my workout I decided to explore a little. I walked all along the beach, just enjoying the scenery and the peaceful rippling sound of the water. I just can’t get over how beautiful this place is. It really is a natural paradise. The sky is so blue, the water is so clear, the air is fresh and the scenery is simply breathtaking. It makes you certain that something greater than us created it.

I’m, thrilled to finally have an opportunity to actually lie on the beach and catch some sun. The weather is absolutely perfect, not too hot, and not too cold. The beaches here are beautiful, but rocky. They are full of rocks and pebbles so you can’t just walk along with your barefoot in the water. They are not the sandy beaches we have in California. They are however much cleaner than the beaches in California.

After some time writing and reading on the beach, I decide to head to the market to get some wine and snacks. I thought the best way to end the day would to watch the sunset, with a glass of wine on my balcony. Unfortunately, I discovered I did not have a cork screw in the room, so I enjoyed my salami, bread and cheese with a lovely glass of Coke Zero. The sunset was still magnificent!

Tomorrow, it’s off to Plitvice Lakes. I have a feeling I’m in for even more stunning scenery.

No comments: