Monday, January 2, 2012


The Traveling Hillbilly LOVES Santiago!
Based on what a couple of people had told me, my expectations for Santiago were low.  I was expecting a big city, smoggy, hot and humid!   I was very pleasantly surprised.   I think Santiago is a beautiful city.   The Traveling Hillbilly could live here.   Granted my friends and I stayed in Las Condes the newer business district, not in downtown or other older parts of the city but our experience here was great.   We had great restaurants nearby and lots to see and do, all within walking distance or a metro stop or two.  It is actually a lot like Los Angeles, very cosmopolitan, great weather, lots of outdoor activities and cool evenings.  I stayed at the W Santiago and felt the view from my room looked like the Hollywood Hills.   It was like I was staying on Sunset Plaza, but with better weather!  My only regret is we don’t have more time to spend here.    In hindsight, this would have made a great “home base” for doing day tours of Casablanca, Vina del Mar and Valparaiso.   Oh well. 
I wonder what the quarantine period is for bringing hound dogs into the area?    HHHHHHmmmmmmm, I might just have to look into that.

No comments: