Friday, December 20, 2013

It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas!


So we arrive in Helsinki and head to Border Patrol to get our passports stamped.   The stern looking gentleman that takes my passport, looks at it and my boarding pass and asks very stoically, “are you going to see Santa Clause?”   I of course say yes and hopefully the northern lights.   He hands my passport back to me, says “NEXT” and I exit.   Apparently my friends were all asked the same thing as they handed over their passports.

As we head to the gate to catch our next flight, we run into some carolers, singing as they walk through the airport.   They sound quite beautiful and it puts us all in the holiday spirit.   The spirit quickly goes away as I board the plane and see a ton of kids.    There must be at least two kids for every adult on the flight.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many kids on one flight.  I guess everyone must be going to see Santa Clause!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: