Monday, September 19, 2016

Day One in Iceland

I guess I wasn't really paying attention to details so it was just an hour before I was heading to LAX that I realized my flight to Iceland was landing at 4am, not 4pm!   So my plan to land and head straight to the hotel for a nice dinner and a good nights sleep had to change.   I took an a bus to the main bus terminal in Reykjavik in the hopes of finding a half day tour or something to do before heading to Grindavik for my stay the Silica Hotel at the Blue Lagoon.  So just hours after landing at KEF, I was experiencing some of the most beautiful and unique landscapes I've ever seen.






I bought a ticket for the 7am Golden Circle tour from Reykjavik Excursions.  They also have a 9am tour, but there was no need for me to wait until 9.    The tour included visits to some of the main wonders in the area, including the Gullfoss waterfall, a geothermal area and the Thingvellir National Park..


No comments: