Monday, July 22, 2019

The Traveling Hillbilly's Summer Sabbatical 2.0

As some of you know, a couple of years ago, I decided to take the summer off, give myself time to relax, recharge and take the time to think about what would be next.  The  sabbatical ended sooner than expected due to a great career opportunity.    Fast forward a couple of years, and the opportunity for summer sabbatical 2.0 has presented itself.

It started with a cross country train journey.    I'm home for a couple of weeks and then it's off to New Mexico to enjoy  the peace, the views and the lack of humidity.    I'm ready to escape this heat and looking forward to cool 60 degree temps at night.

The hounds are quickly adapting to having someone at home to respond to their every wish.  They are enjoying have someone at their service all day.

However, the Traveling Hillbilly is quickly learning there is a need to create some structure.  It is amazing how quickly the day goes by.  If I'm not careful, I can let the day get away without accomplishing much of anything.   Now the point of taking time off is to allow myself some time to relax and recharge, but it needs to be balanced with getting some of those long over due tasks off the to do list!  The biggest fear is the to do list will continue to grow even longer!

No comments: