Monday, August 23, 2010

Things I Learned on a Southwest Flight

Given I had a few hours to kill on the flight to Kansas City; I decided to pick up Southwest Spirit, the in-flight magazine. I figured I’d kill a half hour or so of the trip. Let me tell you, the Traveling Hillbilly was amazed by what a wealth of information the magazine was.


Things the Traveling Hillbilly learned on the way to Kansas City

• A great Bourbon Slush recipe – can’t wait to try it out at the next cocktail party
• Cows that get personal attention produce more milk. This one seems like common sense to me, given we all just want a little love and attention
• Barry Manilow has a show in Vegas
• The eggplant and bell peppers I eat frequently could be aggravating my sore knees
• Chili on cucumbers? Hhhhhmmm sounds worth trying
• I need to be more adventurous when making my own sandwiches, although a simple grilled cheese will always be a great thing
• The future is here, and it looks scary, and it’s called CENEGENICS (Dr. Rosenstein, creepy)
• The Traveling Hillbilly needs to go to Beantown
• How to make a chair out of a dollar bill (although honestly it didn’t look quite as good as the one in the magazine)
• Maybe the Traveling Hillbilly should travel the globe in search of the best pizza

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, great ))