Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Traveling Hillbilly Goes to Oscars

I have to admit, when I found out on Thursday that I was getting the chance to attend the 2011 Academy Awards, my first thought was how exciting! My second thought was, will they all know I'm an impostor? The glitz and glamour of Hollywood are so far removed from my Kentucky roots. I just can't imagine hearing celebs like Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth saying, "I'm fixin' to go the Oscars." Julia Robert's? Well, maybe. Will I be the klutz that steps on some celebrity's expensive designer gown? Or will I wind up tripping on the red carpet as I get pushed aside to make room for the non-impostors?!

2 comments:

Michael said...

You will have a blast. So jealous my sister gets to do some many amazing things. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Unknown said...

let's see pix of the dress, girl. Did you have fun??

xo,
Nat