Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Sunday at the Airport



Okay so after a lovely weekend, it's time to head home.   My flight leaves out of Monterey at 1:55 so I head off to the airport around 11:30am.   It's a very small airport and I'm through security in less than 10 minutes.  I have plenty of time to grab a bite to eat before they start boarding.   I grab a quick sandwich and read my book, while I wait for the plane to arrive and boarding to begin.   I'm not surprised to discover a few folks from the weekend are on my same flight.   Suddenly we look up and to see our flight has been delayed.   It is now not due to take off until 3:20.   About 30 minutes later, the departure time changes again, now it's 4:25, then suddenly it's 4:45.   We are all wishing now that we had driven.  We could be home earlier had we driven than we will be at this rate.    At about 3pm, just as we are settling in for the long day we are spending at the airport, they suddenly change the time again.  It’s now a 5:20 departure, no wait, make that 5:30! 
There’s nothing like spending the day in the Monterey Airport, with its 6 gates!  Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good thing you were all relaxed before the final flight home. Glad you enjoyed the mini-vacation