Monday, December 30, 2013

A Few Days in London - Spent More Money on Taxi's Than Hotel/Food

After our magical  Christmas in Finland,  The Traveling Hillbilly was looking forward to some fun and non-reindeer food in London.   I was not disappointed.   We had a fabulous dinner at Maze, a Gordon Ramsey restaurant in London.   We all decided to do the Chef's tasting menu and it was delicious!   Despite the small serving sizes, it was really quite filling!   I was so full, I couldn't quite finish my main course.   Of course, I somehow managed to have room for desert, but had to pass on the SECOND desert they brought out!   We all left completely stuffed, but thoroughly pleased with our dinner.


80's Fun
We also went to the Victoria & Albert museum to see an exhibit on British 80s fashion!   Interesting stuff.  I wish there had been more to see.

One can't come to London without seeing at least one show, so my last night one of my friends and I headed over to see the matinee showing of "Thriller" Live.   It was all Michael Jackson music.   The show was good and if you like Michael Jackson music, it would be hard not to enjoy it.   It was basically a MJ concert, not a real musical with a story.  But I was a little disappointed.   The choreography wasn't that great overall.  There were a few numbers that were awesome, but most of them were a little uninspired.   While the male dancers were great, most of the women were not very good.   Given the music they had to work with, this show could have been much more exciting.   There were multiple "Michael" performers which was a little odd and distracting.   One performer however, was amazing!  He was so great, you truly felt like you were watching Michael Jackson perform.  If he had been the performer for the whole show, it would have been much better.   But all in all, a lot of fun.

No comments: