Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Truly Magical Adventure


Words can not describe how beautiful this place is.   It is a real live winter wonderland.  Living in Los Angeles, the Traveling Hillbilly does not see much snow.   Of course, I have seen it before in various places but I've never seen anything like this.    We are in the middle of a forest, where the snow lies undisturbed by people, cars, and pollutants.    It's just pure white, powder that looks so stunningly beautiful.   The trees look as if they've just been flocked and the rooftops are covered with the pristine powder.   It truly is magical to walk through the forest.

Although we technically had ZERO minutes of sunlight yesterday, we did get a few hours of dusky brightness.  It looked like a dark cloudy rainy day.    I thought I'd share a few snapshots I took during this time.   I know they look like black and white photos but they aren't.  I even included one with a stop sign so you can see they aren't.  These are not doctored photos.  They were just taken with my old and simple Nikon Coolpix.
 






I love this little guy!

No comments: