Monday, September 19, 2016

Finally Time to Relax


After an amazing day, full of incredible sights, it was time to head to the hotel.   After being up for more than 36 hours straight, I was ready to settle in to a nice comfortable bed.  I had booked a room at the Silica hotel for 2 nights.  The Silica is located next to the famous Blue Lagoon, where people come to relax in the ice blue geothermal seawater.  Given the blue lagoon happened to be closed on the 18th, the day of my arrival, there were NO buses running there for the day.  They usually run from Reykjavik and back every hour.  So I had to take a taxi, which was extremely expensive, despite it only be about 30-40 minutes away! 



I got to the hotel, checked in, dropped my luggage in my room, put on my bathing suit and immediately headed to their private lagoon for a nice warm soak before curling up in bed.







No comments: