Monday, September 19, 2016

Thingvellir National Park

This place is a must see while in Iceland.  Added to the World Heritage List in 2004, it is one of the most visited tourist sites in Iceland.  And for good reason, it's simply stunning.   As someone who loves landscapes, I could have spent all day here.   It is the most beautiful place the Traveling Hillbilly has seen since Plitvice Lakes in Croatia.    A lot of folks go here because it is where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart (almost an inch a year) and they want to see the Almannagja,the biggest crack.  Or you can also go diving in the area, which I can't speak to, but as clear as the waters are, I'm sure it's amazing.

I loved it because of the amazing scenery and beautiful views.  I'll let the pictures speak for me.






 
 

 

No comments: