Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Traveling Hillbilly Does Big Sur…”Clothing Optional”



I’m heading off for a long weekend in Big Sur.   I’ll be staying at the lovely Ventana Inn & Spa, which is known as one of the “luxury” hotels in the area.    After some crazy busy times at work, I am looking forward to a few relaxing, kick back days.  
I arrive at the resort and check in to my room.   As I usually do upon arriving in a new place, I check out the hotel “book” to get some of the basic info, i.e. where the fitness room is located, the cost for internet access .   I am somewhat surprised to discover that there are some areas in the hotel, designated as “clothing optional.”   I know Big Sur is kind of known as a “hippy” area, but I was not expecting this at the Ventana Inn.   I had to admit though I was intrigued and my first thought was this could turn out to be a more interesting weekend than I anticipated.
I grab my book, go out onto the balcony of the room and jump into the hammock to read.   Let the relaxing get away begin!

Spotted a deer on my way to dinner

No comments: