Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Traveling Hillbilly Refuses to Miss Another Sunset



After yesterday’s screw up, the Traveling Hillbilly wanted to be ready and prepared to capture tonight’s sunset.   After lounging by the pool and then grabbing a late lunch, I was ready for a nap.  Instead, I headed downstairs sat in a rocking chair reading for a bit and then decided to use the time to work on my website.   Being on the computer always keeps me up! 

I decided a quick visit to the gym would really do the trick.   That would give me a great burst of energy.   After realizing the gym consisted of a few treadmills and stationary bikes, I thought, “Why walk on a treadmill when I can walk on the beach?”  Walking on the sand would give me that much more of a workout.  So I grabbed my ipod and headed to the beach.  After a bit of walking and running in the sand, I decided it was finally time to take a quick dip ocean.  I mean who comes to Hawaii and doesn’t get in the ocean?!    Just as I’m getting ready to jump in, the rain comes pouring down.   At this point, I figure I’m already wet, so why not jump in.   It’s amazing how clean the water feels.  It doesn’t feel sandy at all here.  I’m really enjoying my dip when a big wave comes crashing through and gets just inches from my shoes and ipod!   I quickly run rescue my stuff before another wave almost takes it away!

After a quick shower, I now sit at the beachside bar enjoying the beautiful view.  The rain has stopped, the skies have cleared and the crowds are gathering.  I think we are about to be treated to a truly stunning and amazing sunset.  

Beautiful, what do you think? 



No comments: