Sunday, December 1, 2013

ESPA Spa...Quite the Experience

The ESPA spa at the Istanbul Edition is on floors -3, -4 and -5.   Three floors in the "basement" of the building?   I'm intrigued.  Plus when I checked in, the front desk gave me a ticket for a "30 minute extension" for whatever treatment I wanted at the spa.  It was just too hard to resist.  I had to check this spa out for myself.   So after I returned to the hotel from my day of sightseeing, I headed to the spa to see when I could get an appointment.  Luckily, I was able to secure one within about 45 minutes!   The spa did not disappoint.  It is warm and inviting and very relaxing from the moment you walk in.  They have all the usual amenities, steam room (which is amazing), sauna, quiet space and they also have a pool.  I didn't use the pool so I never even saw it.  It must be on one of the floors I didn't go on. 

As for my massage, I think I actually nodded off one or twice during my massage.  Even with the extra 30 minutes, it seemed far too short.  I left feeling relaxed and ready for another nap!   A much needed recharge for the couple more days of sightseeing ahead!

 

No comments: