Thursday, September 22, 2016

Starting to Believe in Trolls

Today the Traveling Hillbilly went to the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.    Wow, magical, exceptionally cool.    It really is other worldly.  It felt like stepping into a movie set and I believe a few movies have actually filmed here, including a couple of James Bond movies.   Now I have to admit, I have not seen a bunch of glaciers in my day, so maybe they are all this magnificent.   Don't
get me wrong, these are not huge glaciers by any means.  I'm sure in other places in the world glaciers are much more grand and significant in size.  But what make these so unique, is we are not in freezing temperatures and the area all around the lagoon is green, it's not all covered in snow and ice.  It's like a black beach you'd see in Hawaii, but with glaciers in the water.   It just doesn't seem really.   Oh and there are smaller pieces/chunks of ice that wash up on to the black shore. Some of the glaciers look like blocks of ice, but most of them look like art.  It's like an art display built into the water.  The blue color, contrasting with the lava ash color creates beautiful works of art.








No comments: