Friday, December 20, 2019

TheWait is Almost Over


Finally at the gate for the flight to Cape Town.  Hopefully we will board soon and get on our way.  According to my travel confirmation this is almost a 6 hour flight.  I hope this is one of those flights where they’ve padded the travel time so they can “arrive early” and keep their on-time record intact.   It’s already been almost 24 hours since I left my hotel in NY.  I’m truly exhausted at this point, especially after this 6 hour wait in this airport with no water and too much heat.   It’s hot inside the airport and I am so thirsty, but I dare not drink anything.  I’ll bet the bathrooms on the plane will be busy the entire flight when the seat belt sign is turned off.      Good thing the Traveling Hillbilly was raised in similar conditions, making me better prepared to handle these travel hiccups.   It’s also going to help prepare me for those moments on safari when a “comfort break” might just be a quick trip behind the bushes!
I’m really missing that snow we had in Kansas City that followed me to NY.  It doesn’t feel like Christmas when it’s 80 degrees!
 
Finally arrived at the hotel and am ready for some sleep!  The real adventures begin tomorrow.

No comments: