Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Day 1 - Trip Delayed

 The plan was to leave Monday afternoon, the day after Christmas and knock out 4 or 5 hours so I wouldn't have to be on the road 12+ hours two days in a row.   But you know what they say about best laid plans.

I woke up Monday morning, feeling a little icky.   I had a 6:45am appointment to get my car serviced, so I thought I better take a COVID test just in case.  I didn't think it was COVID but I didn't want to risk sitting in the service department and potentially getting others sick.   Before I could even take the COVID test, I became violently ill.   In a matter of minutes, I'd gone from feeling kind of icky to completely nauseous.  I had to call the dealership and cancel my appointment, I wouldn't be going anywhere for the day.  On the plus side, when I finally did take the COVID test, it was negative, but I was down for the rest of the day.  So my departure for Joshua Tree was delayed. 

No comments: